Thursday, April 1, 2010

Keep going!!!

The last week has consisted of brisk walks, running, crying, eating a (more) balanced diet, and resulted in a goal being achieved. I weighed in this morning at 129.4 pounds. I lost 1.4 pounds in one week which is awesome for me!! :) Stoked about it! Shape Magazine's experts say it is healthy to lose 1-2 lbs a week. So I fit right in there! Hell yeah! I have done what they say works, I have exercised more and eaten less. I eat my five or six small meals a day and make time to exercise right after work. Ryan has been amazing and supportive of me; we go for a run after work everyday. We try to implement exercise into our lives on a daily basis, on the weekends we find time to hike or geo-cache out in the country.

I do also have to say I absolutely love my new running shoes as well! I bought the new Simply Tone shoes by Reebok. They have the balance ball expired technology on the under side of the shoes. It seems like you are walking on air when you feel that cushy feel! Believe me, they are so comfortable for running, I LOVE THEM! I am going to admit that the commercials hooked me! But hey! I would rather get hooked on running from an appealing Reebok ad vs. eating a Big Mac because they fat dripping grease was soo damn appealing in a McDonald's commercial. You agree with me right??? :) So just to inspire you watch these commercials and see if you get motivated! Ohh by the wayy, the Simply Tone by Reebok happens to be darn stylish, I got the ones in White and Blue! The commercial is actually for the Easy Tone by Reebok which are like the sister shoe. They are more seen as the walking shoe, the running shoe is the Simply Tone by Reebok. I definitely want people to have the chance to see new items that might inspire them to make a healthy life decision, so from time to time I will post about new things that I am trying and let you know how I like or dislike them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igqR7Pcxfmk
This past week has not been easy. This past Tuesday, as we were running, I noticed how freaking slow I was running. I thought back to running cross country and could remember how my stride was then. So I got super pissed with myself for running so damn slow. My tears started welling up in my eyes and I just stopped running. Ryan stops running and asked me what was wrong. I answered that I was pissed and should be running faster. So then Ryan says, "Show me! Are you really pissed? Show me how mad you are! RUN!" Hearing all that pissed me off, Ryan pushed me to use my aggression into running. I WAS MAD! It worked pissing me off, I sprinted my ass off and then continued to run at a pretty consistent speed. I was much happier running at a faster speed. I felt better knowing I could run faster if I just put forth the effort.

Sometimes I think we get so caught up in the idea of working out, that when we actually do we let ourselves down from unrealistic expectations. You have to know that it will take time. Results take time.

The only way I am going to improve my running time and performance is if I keep going. Never stop. That is my new rule for running.

So I am happy with the progress I am making fitness wise. I will continue to work hard and add some fun things into the mix, I really want to dive into dancing for fun. I know it is a great workout. My skill is definitely lacking in that department but it will be fun trying to learn how to dance.

Now to some fun news... This next week is going to be super crazy! I just got a call today for an interview on Monday for what I will call my fav secret job:) I am really wanting this awesome job and going to prepare for my interview like crazy for the next five days! Wish me luck!!! Sorry for the late post, I was super tired last night and so I am reposting this for you early this morning! Happy Thursday! YAYY for Grey's tonight! (It should be great! Derek wants Meredith to have a baby! Hell yeah!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment