Monday, March 8, 2010

McDonald's...a child death trap???

This may sound like ohhhh serious blogging... I have not quite made up my mind on that. lol. This past weekend I had the lovely experience of going to a McDonald's here in Kansas. My FIRST McDonald's in Kansas where I actually went in and sat down and ate. I was really surprised to say the least. The staff was super nice and very pleasant. The establishment was clean, sparkly clean.  Now if you live in Virginia Beach it is no surprise to walk into any random McDonald's and be disgusted. Usually you have the rude, ghetto girl saying," What do you want?" None of the Hello or my name is.... I might sound rude but if I do oh well.
 If you are going to take five minutes out of your day to fill out an application for a job at any place, then you better darn well take pride in your appearance and your job performance.  So yayy for McDonald's in Kansas, I approve of your maintaining a safe, clean, and professionally demeanored establishment. I choose not to eat there. Which is fine. If you let your child eat there, then cool. Good for you. The only problem I have is this epidemic spreading across America...
Childhood Obesity. Have you heard of it??? I sure haven't. I mean when I turn on the news do I find it shocking to hear the words Childhood Obesity? YES I do! The newsreporters and citizens act like we have never had fat kids in America before. Hmmm, I certainly remember fat kids from when I was in grade school, don't you?  However, I also remember having a thirty minute recess after lunch. Thirty minutes not ten or fifteen. Oh yeah and this wonderful class called Physical Education. What I do find absolutely ridiculous is when parents let their child opt out of P.E. in school to take an extra elective class.

Don't people ever wonder why phys ed was in their kids schedule to begin with????

Children need exercise. Enough with all these video games, Guitar hero, Wii, watching five hours of T.V. a day crap! My parents used to tell me to go outside and play until dinner was ready. So lets see if I got home at three and dinner was at six, then that is THREE hours of playing outside. We rode our bikes around the block, walked to Mt. Trashmore (our neighborhood park), played in the yard of a neighbor's house, and wayy more things.

And no I don't have children. I do have nieces and nephews though. Oh yeah and three sisters and a brother. So I know a thing or two about kids. Definitely not everything. Moms always say, "Oh when you are a mom, you will take your kid to McDonald's bc they won't eat anything else." I was told that at a park by a mom. Um lets see. I call bullshit. I will NOT take my kids there.
1.   My children will eat what I give them for dinner or they will eat it for breakfast. Worked for my family so why wouldn't I do the same?
2.   Our children will play video games, that is inevitable. I already know that. However...they will also finish all homework before that game is even turned on. No more than 30 minutes on it.
3.   Our family will regularly swim, go boating, jet skiing, hiking, to the library, the park, bike rides, scavenger hunts, field trips.

I am happy I went to McDonald's the other day...that may sound silly after my little rant. However, it is nice to see they are serving apples and milk for kids. It is all about options, whether for a child or an adult like myself. I am 26 and I am still learning how to eat right. It is a constant struggle everyday. I CHOSE to eat fried chicken on my salad the other day at McD's. Was that the best decision? No, probably not. Do I regret it? Yes. But the difference is... I chose not to eat the cheeseburger. I ate one a week ago and decided hmm maybe I should eat the salad instead. I am not a food critic, or a mean person who hates on McDonald's lovers. I am just trying to watch what I eat like every other health conscious person. I would love to drive down a main street somewhere and not see fast food, but that is not going to happen. So I will have to find it within me to pack a lunch everyday, which will save me money anyways ! lol :)
I have a goal of 118 for my sisters wedding in July.... I weigh about 129 right now which is fine. I am an athletic framed girl. People might use the word skinny to describe me but eh I would not wear a bikini if someone paid me to. I was 122 or so a year ago so its time for me to hustle. It is always said that you gain weight when you are in a relationship. So true... however, I refuse to do that anymore. So no more soda, no more meat, yeahh that's going to be an issue... I love chicken.  I will eat fish however. Tuna and salmon will be my new loves. Whole grain pasta, yogurt, and whatever else I think will work. Ugh so 118 here I come? less than five months!!!
Ha and I totally forgot I have to exercise. OoPS! I have a yoga DVD which is awesome, so that will be done every morning and a walk in the evening to start. I just have to start. Sooo tell me your ideas? I know I am not the only woman in America trying to lose a few pounds of fat. I might be 130 or so but good lord, if I don't get rid of my love handles I will scream so loud forreal!!! So yep off to bed to go dream about not eating. HAHA! Good night blogging world:)

No comments:

Post a Comment